Many underestimate the power of a professional photographer and think that if a photographer displays some nice images, he/she is automatically an excellent wedding photographer. Being a studio photographer is not enough. Doing photography as a hobby is not enough. Just producing nice images in a portfolio for your viewing pleasure is not enough. A truly stellar professional wedding and event photographer has carefully balanced amazing story-telling, capturing the soul of the event the day of the wedding, and he/she provides the following services as an absolute minimum:
- Has working knowledge of the wedding venue and all the best spots to take the bridal party for pre-ceremony and post-ceremony photos
- Works with the bride in advance to determine all pre-ceremony and post-ceremony group shots desired as well as special requests of the bride
- Takes firm charge of the bridal party in helping organize and orchestrate pre-ceremony photo and post-ceremony photo scheduling and staging
- Has a working knowledge of the key elements to capture photographically during a wedding and is present and dialed as the event progresses
- Generally includes an assistant day of the wedding
- Works stealthly and independently and does not interfere with any other aspect of the wedding
- Knows appropriate attire to wear while working a wedding and proper professional etiquette
- Provides a clear package list, explaining all the options to the bride and groom and what may suit their budget and vision best
- Is just plain wonderful to work with and makes the photographic experience fun!
The following photographers have spent years working with Kerry Lee and already meet the minimum service basics above – and above and beyond. While not required, their exclusive use is strongly recommended.