If you are considering proposing this holiday season (now through February 14), we are here to help you do it right. Santa Barbara and its own wine country, the Santa Ynez Valley are filled with picture-perfect backdrops – and experiences- to not only make your proposal “look” gorgeous, but to celebrate your beloved saying “yes” in the days following with a romantic getaway celebration we affectionately call a “ProposalMoon“.
Here’s how it works:
1. You contact us to tell us of what you envision for your proposal in Santa Barbara or its wine country and how much you have to spend for the experience. We have some ideas below to get you started. We will let you know if your idea is do-able within your spending plan and date(s) desired and make some light suggestions on how it could look and some of the options available.
2. If the above meets with your approval, we draw up a Performance Agreement for our consulting services and our estimated fee to produce your ProposalMoon. We have ProposalMoon Planning Packages starting at $395 and if you book your wedding with us, we will credit 50% of the fee you paid us for planning your ProposalMoon towards one of our Wedding Planning Packages if you book your wedding within 60 days of your Proposal.
3. We then provide you with a personalized, custom proposal and itinerary for your marriage proposal including overnight accommodations, transportation and any and all experiences desired and as they will fit within your spending plan, dates and overall vision. All vendor services are in addition to our consultation fee mentioned above.
4. We coordinate all vendor contracts for your review and approval*.
5. We coordinate the entire proposal experience, provide you with your itinerary (careful to keep everything a top secret with the utmost discretion) and ensure everything and everyone you booked is there on time, providing the experience and memory of a lifetime. All you have to do is show up, provide the ring and celebrate after.
Here are some inspirational ideas to get you started. We can make it as elaborate or as simple as you would like:
- Romantic sunset cruise in Santa Barbara Harbor
- Scenic flight over Santa Barbara
- Wine tasting in classic vintage car with romantic picnic
- Overnight accommodations and dinner “en suite” in one of Santa Barbara‘s premiere destination romantic resorts, bed and breakfasts or wine country inns
- A glider plane ride over wine country
- A romantic hike at sunset with dinner for two and candlelight waiting at the top of the most scenic part of the hike
- A weekend getaway with horseback riding and star gazing at a legendary and historic guest ranch in wine country with a stop at a scenic lake to pause for the big question
- Horse-drawn carriage ride
- Dinner and theater
- “Couples Bootcamp” at a historic wine country ranch
- Renting an entire theater for a custom-movie or homemade movie with proposal at the end
- Gypsy/palm -reading experience
- Scavenger hunt , making a getaway a fun, team-building and relaxing experience, ending in popping the question at the end.
- A “Proposal with A View” -set atop one of Santa Barbara‘s leading landmark bird’s eye view landmarks, overlooking the city of Santa Barbara and providing sweeping ocean views.
Favorite locations which will provide an amazing guest stay and/or experience to savor and celebrate include: Alisal Guest Ranch (wine country) , Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez Inn (wine country), San Ysidro Guest Ranch (Santa Barbara) , Firestone Winery and Vineyard (and any of the Foley Family Winery properties) and many more.
*clients book directly with the recommended event supply partners and accommodations – Coordinator will put a courtesy hold on all services, based on custom proposal prepared for client in planning phases
Tags: alisal guest ranch, couples bootcamp, engagement stories, engagementmoon, firestone winery, firestone winery and vineyard, foley family wine, four seasons, Four seasons biltmore, Four Seasons Biltmore Santa Barbara, four seasons santa barbara, getting engaged at a vineyard, getting engaged in santa barbara, how to propose, marriage proposal, marriage proposal ideas, proposal ideas, proposalmoon, proposing in santa barbara, ranch weddings, romantic proposal ideas, san ysidro, san ysidro guest ranch, santa barbara marriage proposals, Santa Barbara Weddings, santa barbara wine country, santa ynez inn, santa ynez weddings, sunset cruise proposals, winery engagements