Before “My Big Fat Fake Wedding”, before the “Faux Wedding” there was The Mobile Wedding Planning Experience (also known as The Mobile Bridal Faire), developed and copyrighted by Santa Barbara Wine Country Weddings & Events CEO/Founder Kerry Lee (Dickey) Doehr in 2004. This event provided a luxury motorcoach tour to 5 leading Santa Barbara venues, which were all decorated as “real” weddings and receptions (some with model bride & groom as well). This allowed guests to interact with event partners in their element, as well as provided event partners the opportunity to showcase themselves in front of pre-qualified leads (every attendee had to be looking to plan some aspect of their wedding).
Ms. (Dickey) Doehr’s ground-breaking industry concept earned her the attention of upscale luxury national wedding resource Grace Ormonde Wedding Style Magazine, where they created an exclusive category for her as well as The Texas Board of Tourism who contacted her for consultation on how this was done to further their destination wedding revenue stream. There was no doubt that this was a win for event partners and wedding clientele alike and created a whole new business model and concept.
Certified Wedding Professional and 3rd generation Santa Barbaran Kerry Lee (Dickey) Doehr has continued this concept through the years but customized it on a more intimate level for couples until the next big mass mobile bridal faire is produced (TBA).
Jump-Start-Your-Wedding Planning “Mobile Wedding Planning Tour For Two” is ideal for those who:
- Want to wed in Santa Barbara or its wine country, and have no idea where to start location-wise
- Need some solid wedding planning advice from an expert to jump start their planning efforts
- Are not ready to commit to a full-service wedding planner financially and are still weighing options on what would suit them best
After a brief interview with the couple, determining their event vision, desired dates and budget goals, we go to work reaching out to the venues who most closely match what the client is looking for and then customize the following experience for our couples:
- A personalized “tour” whereby the client is hosted by Certified Wedding Professional Kerry Lee (Dickey) Doehr personally and shown 4 leading Santa Barbara venues which match the bride and groom’s budget and event goals
- A Certified Wedding Professional to answer any and all wedding planning questions during the duration of the in-person time together on the tour
- A lovely, casual lunch for two with wedding consultant to continue the conversation about the venues and planning
- A customized presentation folder with summary of all the research performed, personalized budget analysis and wedding planning recommendations, as well as complimentary referrals to other event partners for consideration for take-home value
- A complimentary “swag bag” with bottled water, snacks and a place to keep all the information from the jump start your wedding mobile wedding planning experience.
Starting at $350
Contact us to book your customized mobile consultation
The Mobile Wedding Planning Tour For Two is part of The Affordable Wedding Planning Series, offering expert wedding planning to couples on a more limited spending plan
Tags: bridal consultation, consultation packages, faux wedding, jump start planning, mobile wedding planning, planning packages